A couple of months ago, I posted about my Pinterest account hitting 300 followers. That was mid-September. Now, just two months later, I’m pleased to announce that I’ve hit over 500 followers.
I’ve now got 51 boards, covering everything from topics I’m researching for my stories, to my personal interests. My followers can find everything from writing advice to writing prompts; from images of Seattle and the surrounding area to owls and wolves; from different kinds of magic to codes and languages.
You’ll even find a lot of my blog post images on there too, with links back to the original posts.
Since a lot of people who follow me here might not be aware of my Pinterest account, here’s a few of the things you can discover there.
- Birds of Prey (4,000+ pins) – For those who know how much I love falconry, and getting up close with raptors, or love these amazing creatures themselves.
- Writing Prompts (5,000+ pins) – Looking for a story starter, or something to kick-start a scene? This is where you want to be looking.
- English Language (460+ pins) – Everything from spelling and grammar through to sayings and alternative words.
- Big Cats (790+ pins) – Lions, Tigers, Leopards, Cougars… If they’re larger than a house cat, they’re here…
- Bullet Journalling (680+ pins) – If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you’ve seen how I use my Bullet Journal to stay organized. This board covers everything from starting your own bullet journal to hacks that can help you really personalize it.
- Character Naming (170+ pins) – This covers everything from explanations behind people’s names to what names were popular in given years.
- Story Inspirations – Fantasy Art (960+ pins) – They say “a picture paints a thousand words”, and some of the images pinned to this board could inspire even more.
- Wolves (520+ pins) – Getting up close to wolves was an experience I’ll never forget. And as a writer who loves wolf-shifters, I’d be remiss in not giving these glorious creatures their own board.
- Creatures (190+ pins) – Creatures urban myth through to ancient gods and legendary beasts.
- All Things Writing (960+ pins) -Yeah, actually not sure how I ended up with multiple boards for writing tips…
Pinterest just added a new feature, which I’m very excited to try out.
Instead of just adding pins to particular boards and watching it all pile up into a disorganized mess, you can now organize things a little more.
The answer is sub-boards, and over I’m going to be using this new feature pretty extensively over the coming months. I really want to give my followers the best chance of finding the pins that best suit their pinning habits, and that starts by being able to find them again whenever I want to.
So, keep your eyes on my boards, because they’re going to become better organized, as time allows. But that means I also have to go back through 20,000 pins to figure out what I need to move into sub-boards.
Not only will you learn something about me personally, but you’ll be getting an insight into the kinds of research that I do for my stories… Who knows, you might just find clues to an upcoming plotline…
Check out my Pinterest Boards Today!