It’s true, there is a chance that I might have gone completely crazy!
There are a number of people who believe that this already happened, and many of them work with me in my retail job.
So, that’s actually the crux of the matter. I’m working semi-full time, and taking on a number very interesting projects.
1) Organizing the Fantasy Genre events for the Brain to Books Cyber Convention
2) A complete overhaul of my website design
3) Designing a chatbot for Messenger
4) Editing “Evaline Transcendent” based on reader feedback
5) Working on the second draft of my first full novel
6) Helping promote and test a potential social media site for authors & readers
If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you’ll already have seen my recent post about this amazing event.
In short, it’s a full weekend of online events centered around books.
The event will be coming to you from April 6th-8th, and I’m heading up the Fantasy Genre events.
There will be more information on what we have planned, as myself and the other authors get everything organized.
As an author, I’m not one of the most organized people at times.
I was recently going through existing my author website, and planning to update some of the pages, with the most recent information.
Unfortunately, I rapidly came to the conclusion that the site needed a complete overhaul.
- A lot of the key information about me and my books was hard to locate
- Some of the pages were seriously out-of-date
- But most importantly, I really wasn’t happy with how inconsistent the page designs were.
Enter my test site, where I’m trying out some new page layout ideas, along with a cleaner look to the page design.
Enter you, my readers. I’d love to get some feedback on what you like or dislike about both sites.
Back in December, I wrote a blog post looking at Messenger bots, which are basically an extension of the chat service.
These bots are built to provide a combination of live chat, and “pre-recorded” information. I’m in the process of creating an introduction series that will:
- Help potential readers learn a little more about me
- Introduce me to bloggers who might be interested in doing/hosting guest posts
- Allow fellow authors to learn about my blog, and the services I offer
Check out the chatbot here (Under Development)
A few months ago, I started getting feedback from people about my science fiction short story, “Evaline Transcendent”. There were some interesting questions raised, and a few suggestions for things that could be made a little clearer.
So, with that in mind, I’ve set about going through the entire story with those notes in hand, and making a few edits.
Thankfully, there is nothing in the feedback that I’ve received that requires major changes to the story itself. But, there will be a couple of changes to how I present aspects of the story.
Primarily, I’ll be re-writing the opening of the story, to better present some of the backstory behind the Miranda Two’s mission.
I’ve recently finished reading through the first draft of “Of Wolves & Men (Shadows Over Seattle #1)”, my first attempt at writing a full novel. Along the way I made a lot of notes about things that needed changing, didn’t make sense, or just had to go.
So, I’m now working on the opening scenes of the book, while going through my notes and trying to plot ahead. It’s my aim to have this second draft completed before the end of the summer. Hopefully at that point, I’ll have a solid enough plot that I can go back through and work on editing.
A couple of weeks back, I posts about an author who was in the process of raising money to build a new social media site for authors and readers to connect.
So, if you find GoodReads too difficult to navigate, and find Facebook too full of spam posts and fake news, go check out my article about the site. And if it’s something you think is a great idea, consider heading over to the GoFundMe campaign and dropping a few dollars toward hosting and development costs.
Honestly? It means that I’m going to be very busy over the coming weeks.
But there is nothing more important to me than my readers, so please drop me a line, and let me know:
- Which of these projects are you excited about?
- Have you checked out my chatbot? If so, what did you think?
- Have you read “Evaline Transcendent”? Is there anything you’d want to know more about from a revised edition?
- Are you going to attend the 4th Annual Brain to Books Cyber Convention, either as a reader, or writer?
- How do you like the potential changes to my website design, based on comparing the old and new sites?