If you’re a reader, author, or in the author support market, you’ve no-doubt heard of GoodReads. You may even have tried it out.
I personally have been on GoodReads for a few years now, as a writer, and reader. But, I’ve found it very clunky, under-developed and believe that it falls short of it’s goal of uniting readers and writers.
Well, at the moment, the simple answer is NO!
But, there is hope on the horizon.
I’m a member of several writing groups over on Facebook, and I try to pay attention to things that could potentially shake up the marketing of books.
So, it was with interest that I started reading a proposal from Lucinda Moebius in one of the Facebook groups.
- Imagine a social media site designed for authors.
- It will be a foundation for authors to showcase their work.
- In addition, there will be a place for readers and author supporters.
- All those FB pages, blogs, websites designed to help authors would be easy to locate and search through.
Here’s what Lucinda has in mind for the project, and I find the prospect very exciting.
|For Readers||For Authors||For Author Services|
|1. A place to connect with their favorite authors
2. A place to find new authors
3. A place to review books
4. A place to discuss books
5. A place to connect with other readers
|1. A place to connect with authors and support staff
2. A place to promote their work
3. A place to post their work and get feedback
4. A social media platform designed specifically for THEM
5. A place to build readership
6. A place to get reviews
7. A place to learn from experts and each other
|1. A place to promote their services
2. A place to obtain reviews
3. A place to connect with authors
About Lucinda Moebius