I’m Timothy Bateson, and this is my third time doing the Brain to Books Cyber Convention & Book Expo. Every year, this event has just got bigger and better organized, and I’ve gone from a participating author to Fantasy Genre Manager. What makes this year different is that I’m more excited than ever, because there are so many great authors coming on board this year, as well as some old friends returning from previous years.
Over the last few weeks I’ve had the honor of helping over 70 fantasy authors prepare themselves for the CyCon, as well as getting ready myself.
So, what have we got going one?
- Fantasy Blog Hop – Your chance to take a tour of some of the authors websites and learn more about them. Discover additional materials, uncover great books, sign-up for exclusive offers/news. The blog hop is separated into three groups, and will go live on April 6th at 9pm EST:
- Tour #1 – starts here – featuring: Aaron-Michael Hall, Alexandra Carey, Alexis Kennedy, Amanda Mabry, Andy Peloquin, Angel M., Angela B. Chrysler
- Tour #2 – starts here – featuring: Angela J. Ford, Assaph Mehr, C.T. Callahan, D. Thourson Palmer, Ilana Maletz, Jack Massa, Jodie Pierce
- Tour #3 – starts here – featuring: Logan Miehl, Mackenzie Flohr, Sarah Kennedy, Stephen Morris, Toi Thomas, Zachary Chopchinski, Mary R. Woldering
- Fantasy Genre Tour – This is where we give the authors the spotlight, and let them take the floor. You’ll find book expos, articles, and giveaways inside:
- First Lines Scavenger Hunt – Match the first lines of the stories to the books they came from, and be entered for a chance to win some amazing prizes. The participating authors have offered up everything from books to gift cards.
- Fantasy Author Showcase – Drop in on the authors over at Goodreads, where you can find out more about over 30 great fantasy authors. We’re the largest group in the expo, with some of the most diverse readers. Come find out why!
What I’ll Be Doing
I’m taking part in many of the events that are listed above, as well as overseeing several things happening on Facebook, running some discussion panels, and much more.
- I’m also one of the authors being featured in the “Book Dreams: Volume 1” anthology, coming from Brain to Books. “April Fool: Shadows Over Seattle #0.5” will be exclusive to his collection.
- There is also my Author Showcase, over on Goodreads, which will be, so be sure to drop in and get to see some behind-the-scenes information for my stories.
- Ever wondered what it sounded like when an author recorded the opening chapter of his own book? Watch me read the first chapter of “Under A Hunter’s Moon: Shadows Over Seattle (Prequel #1)”, then pick up your copy from Amazon.
- There is also a very good chance that I’ll be dropping in on Joe Compton, over at the GoIndieNow podcast.
So head over to the Brain to Books website, and save the dates for this amazing event, and discover some fantastic books and writers.