There’s a little something that I’ve been bouncing around in my head for a while now.
Back in April, I did an author spotlight post, for Lydia Sheerer, and it proved to be a reasonably popular post in terms of retweets, and shares on Facebook. And it’s something I’ve been wanting to revisit for a while now, since I’ve met some amazing authors through the online groups, and want to help them reach new readers.
Mondays Are Becoming “Author Spotlight” Day!
I’m reaching out to all the authors who subscribe to my blog, who are interested in sending me the answers to a few short questions (see the bottom of the post). Feel free to answer as many, or as few of the questions as you want.
Some Ideas Of What I’m Looking For
- Since I am primarily a sci-fi, fantasy and urban fantasy writer, that’s the type of thing I usually like to promote on this blog.
- I promote the kind of material, I personally would want to read, and those are the fields I know best.
- However, that’s not to say your material won’t be considered.
- I’ve featured books that were not in my usual fields, because I either read them, or had them recommended by people who’s opinions I trust.
Some Guidelines For Submission
- If you have several books in a series, I reserve the right to provide the blurbs for the first one, or two, in the series, and then just link to the rest.
- Also, please consider that the more books you include, the more people will have to scroll down to find the details, so please provide any preferences to the order they are displayed.
- If you have a release date, or an event that you want the Author Spotlight to coincide with, please let me know, so I can try and coordinate with your plans.
If you know of any authors who would be interested in getting a little extra exposure, please feel free to send them the information.
Author Spotlight Questions
- Introducing [Insert Name]
- Author picture
- 100 word bio
- Why don’t you begin by sharing a little about yourself.
- Could you tell us a bit about your latest book?
- Who is your intended readership?
- When did you realize you wanted to be a writer?
- Do you have a favorite author, or writing inspiration?
- What advice would you give beginning writers?
- Do you have any amusing writing stories or anecdotes to share?
- What do you like to do when you’re not writing? Any hobbies?
- What’s your next project? Any upcoming book secrets you care to reveal?
- Book Links
- Book covers
- Buying links
- Where to find [Insert Name]
- Social media links
- Author pages
- Email (if interested)